Monday, October 18, 2010

Stacy London is adorable

I checked out the Westfield Style Tour at Annapolis Mall yesterday which featured the fabulous Stacey London.  I love her dress!  Her shoes were fantastic too but I couldn't get a clear shot.  There was a little fashion show and then Stacy took the stage and had a little Q&A.  Here's an overview:
  1. Men should never wear skinny jeans.  (Thank God someone finally said something!  I hate skinny jeans on men.  Unless you are a rock star, find a boot cut.)
  2. UGG's are nasty.  (I agree with this also but also shamefully admit to owning a pair.  Hey, it gets cold in Maryland!)
  3. Break up a monochromatic look with different fabric textures or details like a ruffle.
  4. There is no excuse to wear exercise shoes unless you are EXERCISING!  (What a novel idea!  Stacy actually called out a lady for committing this faux pas, stating that with flats and wedges there is no reason you need to wear sneakers to go out and be comfortable.)
  5. Create a waist with a fitted jacket or belt.   
  6. FIT FIT FIT (If you've ever watched "What Not to Wear" you'll know that they always drive home this point.)
  7. Also, one lady asked about mini skirts over 35.  Stacy pointed to her own skirt and said that it is so trendy right now to have shorter skirts that she is even having a hard time finding skirts/dresses that hit to the knee.  So as long as they are appropriate, go for it.  (This makes me so happy, I'm not 35 yet, but it's creeping up on me and I surely do like short skirts.)
What I really loved was how positive Stacy was about embracing your body no matter what your shape.  One woman asked a question on how to cover up when you have "junk in your trunk" and Stacy talked about how she didn't really like that phrase as it sounded so negative.  She stated that in order to dress our best we need to take a good look at your naked body in the mirror and see what you like about yourself and then dress to play those aspects up.  What a nice change from the diet/exercise/plastic surgery stuff we normally see.

Afterwards, since I was already in the mall, I thought I would do a little shopping.  I picked up this super cute gray sweater dress at The Limited.  I've been seeing these all over the place lately and can't wait to wear this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment